Title Insurance Quotes
Answers To Frequently Asked Questions
What is title insurance?
Title insurance serves to protect a policyholder or homeowner from loss arising from problems with the title to property.
Who sets and regulates title insurance in Florida?
Florida title insurance rates are set by the Florida Office of Insurance Regulation.
Who underwrites the title policy for our firm?
Mang Law & Title, writes title insurance underwritten by a national leader in the industry, First American Title Insurance.
What is the amount charged for title insurance rate premiums?
The scale of Florida title insurance rate premiums is as follows based on the insurance amount:
- Up to $100,000 a rate of $5.75 per $1,000 of insurance
- Over $100,000 up to $1 million a rate of $5 per $1,000 of insurance
- Over $1 million up to $5 million, a rate of $2.50 per $1,000 of insurance
- Over $5 million up to $10 million, a rate of $2.25 per $1,000 of insurance
- Over $10 million, a rate of $2 per $1,000 of insurance
Are there any other charges associated with premium rates?
Most lenders also require additional Florida title insurance endorsements, which increases the protection for the lender, and has additional Florida title insurance rates.