Mang & Santurri, P.A.
Learn More About How Mang & Santurri, P.A., Can Assist You.
View Our Practice Areas

Getting remarried? Check your estate plan

If you are one of the many residents in Florida who is looking to get remarried, you will want to take smart steps to set you and your new family up for success. If your prior marriage ended in divorce, you know that marriage is far from easy and so now is the time for you to proactively do what you can to avoid problems down the road. One thing you can do to this end is to create a solid estate plan.

As explained by Fidelity Investments, a robust estate plan can act as something of a prenuptial agreement and may even be a useful addition to a prenup, especially if your new marriage will be blending children from one or more previous families. 

An estate plan can outline your wishes for how your assets should be distributed upon your death. Instead of everything going to your spouse and potentially never making it to your children, you can stipulate up front what items or funds your children or grandchildren will inherit. You and your spouse-to-be can identify what assets will be used to provide care for each other after one of you has passed away. Having these provisions clearly laid out ahead of time can save your family a lot of trouble later on.

If you would like to learn more about how to protect yourself, your future spouse and your other family members when getting remarried, please feel free to visit the blended family asset protection page of our Florida family law website.


No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information

A Law Firm In
Tallahassee, Florida

Families And

Contact Our Attorneys

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Email Us For A Response
Call Mang & Santurri, P.A.

Ready To Move Forward? Contact Our Firm At 888-281-1409 Or Send Us An Email.